PRIVACY INFORMATION NOTICE – GENERAL
Information We Gather About You
Only the information you choose to give us and only sufficient information to be able to deal with your enquiry. We don’t ask any unnecessary or unreasonable questions. If relevant, this includes:
- Personal and Contact details, such as title, full name, and contact details.
- Records of your contact with us, such as email records, project or sales related documentation, postal records and online services records.
- Performance & Capability assessments, normally reserved for sub-consultant services and suppliers to Associated Architects. Although requested at Company level, results may include personal information relevant to an individual’s performance and capability to service the request.
- Recruitment information, such as title, full name, contact details, gender and/or age, nationality, eligibility to work, career history (including social media analysis), experience and performance.
We do not ask that you provide any sensitive personal data. This is data revealing information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, and includes genetic data, biometric data (for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual), data concerning health, or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. If you do provide it, this will be an indication that you explicitly consent to us processing this information.
Sources of Your Personal Information
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- From your business colleagues directly or relevant academic sources
- Business partners, (for example others that make up the design team on a project)
- Other sources, such as publicly available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, social media, internet, news articles)
Lawful Basis of the Information We Hold
We will only use information you supply and respond to any request you have made for the following purposes, if relevant:
- Assessing suitability of candidates for recruitment.
- Assessing suitability of suppliers and sub-consultants to work for us.
- The management of customer projects you are associated with, including sharing of information, as needed, with business partners.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance.
- The management and auditing of our business operations.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- For direct marketing communications.
- Process any donations made to charitable events organised by us.
Sharing Your Data
We may provide your personal information to third parties to process the information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Your Ability to View and Correct Information
At your request and proof of identity we will provide you with details of any personal information we may hold on you. Such information may be corrected, added to or deleted to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where we rely upon your consent as the lawful basis to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Period of Information Retention
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations.
- For as long as we provide services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and /or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws
A list of your personal rights under the General Data Protection Regulation can be found at:
You have the right to lodge a complaint and these should be directed to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Security of Personal Information
It is vitally important to you us that your personal information is kept safe and confidential.
Associated Architects are committed to ensuring that the information and communication with you is kept private and safe. We regularly review our security protocols and we as a minimum meet the requirements of the government backed Cyber Essentials Plus scheme.
Data Control & Information Requests
We have dedicated Director in charge of Data Protection and you can contact them directly by writing to the following address:
Director of Data Protection, Associated Architects, 1 Severn Street Place, Birmingham, B1 1SE, Tel: 0121 233 6600
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. For the most up-to-date notice please refer to our website: www.associated-architects.co.uk
Cookie use by Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics for our web statistics, helping us to continually improve our website.
Extract from the terms and conditions for the use of the Google Analytics service:
“This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.